With the tagline, “The Camera. Reimagined.”, Samsung has put photography front and center of its flagship handsets — the Galaxy S9 and S9+.
Both Galaxy models sport super-charged cameras, big improvements to the biometrics system, longer battery life, and faster processing speed.
Key Features include:
We all know by know that Samsung is keeping some of the well-liked features of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ with these two new models after debuting the new flagship handsets in the Mobile World Congress 2018 last February.
– Rear Camera: S9 sports a 12-megapixel, dual pixel sensor f/1.5-f/2.4, OIS, Dual-tone flash, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-mo @720p, 2x optical zoom; the S9+ comes with a 12-megapixel (f/1.5-f/2.4, 2x optical zoom), 12-megapixel (wide-angle), Dual pixel sensor, OIS, Dual-tone flash, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-mo @720p
– Front-facing Camera: 8-megapixel (f/1.7) front-facing camera
– Speakers: The first Galaxy with stereo speakers that was tuned by AKG, with a Dolby Atmos that give a surround sound-like experience
– Processor: The S9 series will have 2.9GHz Samsung Exynos9810 octa-core
– Display: The S9 sports a 5.8-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED screen, 2960 x 1440 resolution, ~568ppi, 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5; the S9+ has a 6.2-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED screen, 2960 x 1440 resolution, ~531ppi, 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
– Infinity display lets you see your photos and videos on an edge-to-edge screen
– Security: Intelligent scan combines facial recognition with iris scan to let you unlock your phone easily, even in low light situations, fingerprint scanner
– The S9 handset has reduced the height to 1.2mm but heavier by 8-gram.
– It touts the Super Slow-mo feature
– Live translation, anyone?
– The AR Emoji because its camera can turn you into an emoji when you take a selfie
– Battery: The Galaxy S9 also has larger, longer-lasting batteries than its predecessors. The S9 has a 3000mah Li-Po non-removable battery; the S9+ features a 3500mah Li-Po non-removable battery. Both models facilitate Wireless and fast charging
– Connectivity: The S9 features 4G LTE, Cat. 18, up to1.28Gbps, WiFi 802.11 ac, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and uses USB Type-C; the S9+ sports 4G LTE, Cat. 18, up to 1.28Gbps, WiFi 802.11 ac, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and USB Type-C
– Headphone Jack!
– 2 extra GB of RAM
– Other features: Bixby 2.0, IP68 dust and water-resistant
– OS: Android 8.0 Oreo Samsung Experience 9
– SIM: Dual SIM, hybrid Nano
– Colors: Midnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, and Titanium Gray (not available in the Philippines)
The S9 and S9 Plus Camera
The 12-megapixels primary sensor is similar to the S8 series, but the new handsets sport an all-new camera setup.
The adjustable apertures of the S9 and S9 Plus are capable of switching seamlessly between f/1.5 and f/2.4. This is useful when you are in darker conditions.
The smartphone camera also comes with a ‘telephoto’ lens that renders less grainy photo quality.
The bokeh effect is also retained through the Galaxy S9’s Live Focus feature, improving fine edge processing and reducing grain in picture quality.
Samsung has improved the flagship models’ biometric system.
The fingerprint sensor has been relocated to the back of the phone, below the now-vertical camera modules.
Is this a good move? Yes, for most Samsung fans, saying this is a much more sensible location to unlock their Galaxy S9 phones.
Galaxy S9’s fingerprint sensor can facilitate the ease of mobile payments.
Prices, Pre-order in the Philippines
The Galaxy S9, 64GB storage and 4GB RAM is Php45,990 while the 64GB Galaxy S9+ with 6GB RAM is Php52,990. Both models will be available in Midnight Black and Lilac Purple.
The 128GB Galaxy S9+ with 6GB RAM is Php55,990 and available in Midnight Black, Lilac Purple and Coral Blue.
The most expensive model, the 256GB Galaxy S9+ with 6GB RAM is selling at Php60,990. It will be available in Midnight Black and Coral Blue colors.
Offering the new Galaxy S9 series include Abenson.com, Argomall, Globe, Smart and Lazada.com.
Pre-ordering of the latest models has been extended by Samsung until March 11.
Those who pre-order the 64GB Galaxy S9 and S9+ models from March 7-11 can claim their units beginning March 23.
Pre-orders of the 128GB and 256GB Galaxy S9 and S9+ made starting February 27 until March 11 may be claimed beginning March 23 this year.