Do you spend more time Facebook-ing or playing online games? Are you guilty of watching your fave k-drama or Netflix episode of Dark until the wee hours of the morning?
Here’s the thing. Let’s be realistic here. Pretty soon, when you’re older and wiser (or fatter? hehe!) you’ll regret all the opportunities and time wasted.
OK, enough with all the guilt-tripping! What I only want to drive at is that you, young boys and young ladies, can level up and learn new skills for FREE!
Well, yes it is free because it is what the program is founded for. The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority of the Philippines (TESDA) is bringing free short courses for Filipinos.
Wherever you may be in the Philippines or abroad, so long as you have internet connection, you can avail of the TESDA Online Program for free in e-TESDA.
Also known as TOP, the TESDA Online Program offers free technical education for all.
How to Register in E-TESDA?
Just visit http://e-tesda.gov.ph/login/signup.php then follow the following:
- Choose your own username
- Create your own password. [Note that the password must have at least 8 characters, at least 1 digit(s), at least 1 lower case letter(s), at least 1 upper case letter(s), at least 1 non-alphanumeric character(s) such as as *, -, or #]
- Enter your active email address
- Indicate your real name and surname
- Input your city or town
- Select what country you are currently residing
- Select your gender
- Select your highest educational attainment
- Select which age group you belong
- Select your region
- Answer the security question
- Click “Create my new account”
- Login to the email account you used to register
- Look for the message sent by e-Tesda
- Confirm your registration to the e-Tesda by clicking the link in the message sent in your email.
What Courses Can I Take to Study at e-TESDA
After confirming your new Account, you can now log-in using your username.
Select your course by clicking “Courses” in the navigation bar.
To give you an idea what courses are available, check the list below:
- Agriculture – Fruit Grower
- Automotive – Battery Servicing at Diesel Engine Tune Up
- Electronics – Solar Light Assembly
- Entrepreneurship – Managing Personal Finances at STAR Online Training Program
- Health Care – Massage Therapy NCII (Swedish Massage, Shiatsu Massage, Thai Massage
- Air Conditioning -Packaged Air Conditioner Unit Servicing
- Information and Communication Technology – Animation, Basic Computer Operation, SMART Android Mobile Development for Beginners, SMART Technopreneurship, Web Development with HTML5 and CSS3
- Microsoft Online Courses
- Game Development
- Udacity Google Courses
- Udemy Courses
- Lifelong Learning Skills – Job Interview Skills and Building Self-Confidence
- Maritime – Ships` Catering NCII
- Social, Community Development
- Bread and Pastry Production NCII
- Cookery NCII
- Food and Beverage Services NCII
- House Keeping NCII
- Trainers` Methodology I and II
Keep in mind that each course is comprised of different Modules. Once you’ve register to your chosen course, you can start learning.
In the dashboard in your logged in account, on the left sidebar, you can see your own progress in your chosen course.
You can enroll for other courses while simultaneously completing another course.
You can also un-enroll courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is enrolling for e-TESDA free of charge?
Absolutely. This is offered free as a whole for all.
After completing all modules, will I receive my certificate of completion of my online courses?
e-TESDA does not issue certificate of completion for those who will complete a single course via its website. To get a certificate of completion for your completed online course, head on to the nearest TESDA Assessment Center and get yourself assessed. Getting assessment is not free of charge in TESDA.
Who do I contact for technical support?
Reach out the nearest TESDA Center in your location if you have further inquiries or clarifications. Their email is: firstname.lastname@example.org; while you can call them at (+632) 893-8297.
So there you have it guys. Until next time!